Saturday, November 3, 2012

Square "Fly Away" Pendant with REAL Butterfly Wing - $10.00

This is my first attempt at these popular domed glass pendants. The glass magnifies what you put underneath so it looks different from every angle. If you like this piece but it has already been reserved, please E-Mail Me...I may already have more like this made but not listed yet.

A note about the BUTTERFLY WING used in this pendant:
I of course did not go plucking wings off live butterflies. I raised a colony of painted lady butterflies last year and they have a life cycle of only 30 days. They make friends, find a mate, lay eggs, and watch their tiny tiny caterpillars hatch all in that 30 days. It reminded me of how Ronan lived so much life in his all too short time here. When the butterflies died after their 30 day life cycles, I saved the wings because they were still so beautiful. I think using them for this project is a great end to their short but beautiful journeys.


This pendant is strung on an 18 inch sterling chain. Remember if you RESERVE this item, please head straight to The RONAN THOMPSON Foundation and make a donation of at least $10. Of course you are welcome to send $100 or $1000 or a million- whatever you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment